Board Meeting Summary
Meeting Date: Wednesday 10th June 2009
Veterinary Advisory Committee Report 2009
The HBLB approved the recommendations of the VAC for the allocation of £2m of veterinary funds in the year 1 October 2009 to 30 September 2010, and the re-allocation of savings totalling £75K from research projects and education awards completed in 2007 and 2008, to support research project (T29 - Resource development to maximise effective control of a UK outbreak of African Horse Sickness) and the implementation of a communications strategy including a series of roadshow events.
Allocations To Capital Credits
HBLB approved the following allocations to capital credits:-
(1) The Fixture Fee transfers to Capital Credits of £1,387,540 for the period 1 July to 31 December 2009.
(2) The Regulatory Head Office Fee Grant transfers to Capital Credits of £458,208 for the period of 1 July to 31 December 2009.
(3) The Integrity Fee Grant transfers to Capital Credits of £577,320 for the period 1 July to 31 December 2009.
(4) The HFL Laboratory Fee Grant transfers to Capital Credits of £481,728 for the period 1 July to 31 December 2009.
(5) The maximum allocations to racecourses of Capital Credits under the Prize Money / Capital Credits Scheme of £6,999,060 for the period of 1 July to 31 December 2009.
(6) The Capital Credit Grants requested by racecourses to be applied during the January to June 2009 quarter as repayments of loans in respect of approved developments projects, and totaling £6,199,841
HBLB also approved the following:-
1. An increase in the Divided Race Fund for 2010 to £1.8m and, subject to final details being agreed with BHA, an increase to the 2009 Divided Race Fund of approximately £300,000.
2. The British Horseracing Authority’s recommendation for a one-off £30,000 integrity contribution for Pony Racing.
3. A one-off allocation of £250,000 for the establishment of a task team to examine further offshore operators and whether or not there are individuals who should pay levy but are not currently doing so, subject to approval of Terms of Reference.