Race Planning and Fixtures
The Levy Board, BHA and racecourses took the following emergency actions as a result of the continuing cold snap in January:
- Transfer of Kempton Park fixture from Friday, 6th January to Saturday, 7th February.
- Rescheduling of AON Chase from Newbury on Saturday, 7th February to Kempton Park on the same day and run as the Levy Board Chase.
- Transfer of existing AWT evening fixtures on 11th, 12th and 13th February to the afternoon to ensure sufficient fixtures in betting shops.
- Three AWT standby fixtures on 9th, 10th and 14th February to provide sufficient fixtures in betting shops.
The Levy Board approved an allocation of £25,000 for Charities in 2009. Equal donations of £5,000 have been made to the following:
- Mark Davies Injured Riders’ Fund
- Racing Welfare
- Responsibility in Gambling Trust
- Spinal Injuries Association
- World Horse Welfare