Veterinary Research Priorities 2009/10
HBLB, at its September Board meeting approved the following veterinary research projects for 2009/10:
- Improved prevention of current and emerging infectious diseases by the development of more effective vaccines and management strategies.
- Improved racecourse design and surfaces, riding strategies, tack and equipment to enhance the safety and welfare of racehorses.
- Improved methods of prevention, identification and management of musculoskeletal disease and injury in racehorses.
- Male and female reproductive success
- Applied genetics.
Capital Credit Allocations:
The HBLB Board, at its September meeting, approved the following allocations to Capital Credits:
- Fixture Fee transfers to Capital Credits of £524,276 for the period 1 October to 31 December 2008.
- The Regulatory Head Office Fee Grant transfers to Capital Credits of £162,250 for the period of 1 October to 31 December 2008.
- The Integrity Fee Grant transfers to Capital Credits of £188,650 for the period 1 October to 31 December 2008.
- The HFL Laboratory Fee Grant transfers to Capital Credits of £186,248 for the period 1 October to 31 December 2008.
- The maximum allocations to racecourses of Capital Credits under the Prize Money/Capital Credits Scheme of £2,469,440 for the period of 1 October to 31 December 2008.
- The Capital Credit Grants requested by racecourses to be applied during the October to December 2008 quarter as repayments of loans in respect of approved developments projects, and totalling £2,235,000.
At its September Board meeting, HBLB approved the following:
- A £1,500,000 interest-free loan to Exeter Racecourse from the Capital Fund, towards an extension to the existing Haldon Stand, repayable in five annual instalments of £300,000 from November 2010.
- A Capital Credit Grant of up to £815,000 towards the Haldon Stand extension at Exeter
HBLB, at its September Board meeting, approved
- A £4,000,000 interest-free loan to Ffos Las Racecourse from the Capital Fund, on the condition that permanent racecourse facilities were constructed. This amount is to be repayable in five equal annual instalments from October 2010.
- That the security of the loan of £4,000,000 would be held by the Board on the racecourse land.