Finance Director, Horserace Betting Levy Board
The Horserace Betting Levy Board (HBLB) is among the most important contributors to horseracing's finances within the UK. It is a non-departmental public body which collects around £95m a year from betting operators worldwide and distributes the sums to support and improve horseracing within the UK. At a time when the organisation is moving into an exciting new phase of its evolution, the Board now wishes to appoint a permanent, full-time Finance Director.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Finance Director will focus on developing the financial strategy and will plan, organise and direct all aspects of the Levy Board’s financial operations. This broad Finance Director appointment will be the key financial business partner to the Chief Executive and will require extensive liaison with Government, Board members and the racing and betting industries. Aside from the financial management responsibilities, the role will also play a key part in the ongoing development of the organisation as a whole.
Key responsibilities include:
· Ensure that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place to guide the Levy Board’s financial decision-making.
· Providing financial guidance to the Levy Board and advice on the financial consequences of internal and external changes to the Levy Board’s financial position.
· Contribute to the preparation of the Levy Board’s business plan and other documents.
· Oversee internal financial controls.
· In conjunction with the Audit Committee and Chief Executive, carefully monitor risk, making appropriate recommendations.
· Act as the lead senior executive for both internal and external audits.
· Ensure the accuracy of monthly management accounts and monthly re-forecasting reviews.
· Be responsible for the statutory annual accounts as per regulatory and legal requirements.
· Be responsible for the Board’s cash flow and assess investment and/or borrowing requirements.
· Be responsible for all payroll matters, ensuring NI and income tax regulations are met.
· Dealing with all appropriate taxation issues affecting HBLB.
· Provide appropriate guidance and support to the Head of ICT, including in the introduction of new IT projects and equipment through 2019 and 2020.
· Act as the organisation’s Data Protection Officer.
· Manage the finance team.
Qualifications and Experience
If you feel you have a relevant background and skillset for this appointment, please send an updated CV to our retained consultant, Paul Fox at Rockwell Search, email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref RS360.